This site mainly focuses on non-fiction book summaries. I also occasionally post other things such as podcast summaries or course summaries.
My latest book summaries are shown below. You can find all my summaries (book and non-book) by going to All Summaries.
Sometimes I’ll post thoughts about the ideas raised in books or podcasts in my Blog.
Latest Book Summaries
- Book Summary: The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande
- Book Summary: The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz
- Book Summary: The Big Short by Michael Lewis
Latest Blog Posts and Other (Non-Book) Summaries
- Problems with “The Paradox of Choice”I liked The Paradox of Choice. I liked it enough to read it twice. Schwartz makes some excellent points that paved the… Read more: Problems with “The Paradox of Choice”
- Can maximisers become satisficers? If so, how?A message that comes through strongly in Barry Schwartz’s The Paradox of Choice is the idea that we should try to become… Read more: Can maximisers become satisficers? If so, how?
- Why should you want to be a satisficer?In The Paradox of Choice, Barry Schwartz set out two decision-making styles: maximising and satisficing. Maximisers aim to choose the best option… Read more: Why should you want to be a satisficer?
- Why I write criticisms of booksWhen I started law school, I’d read the majority judgement in a case and find that I completely agreed with it. Satisfied… Read more: Why I write criticisms of books
- Why you have so many unnecessary or ineffective meetingsPatrick Lencioni’s Death by Meeting got me thinking about many other problems that lead to unnecessary or ineffective meetings. Initially, I just… Read more: Why you have so many unnecessary or ineffective meetings